Forthcoming Events for 2012
By now everybody should have received their Autumn mailing pack, which includes our new Winter Programme. If you feel you are missing anything from your pack or require any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact the office. There is one alteration to be noted in the Winter Programme - Bridge will take place on a Thursday at 14:30 and not on a Tuesday as stated, apologies for any confusion this may have caused.
As mentioned in the Secretary’s letter, our Christmas Function menus are now available to view on the website via the home page; so if you are part of a practice or business and intending to hold a Christmas party, why not have it at the Royal Solent? There are two mouth-watering and attractively priced menus to choose from at either £22.50 or £24.50 per person, to view our Christmas Function menus now, please click here.
October saw the start of more seasonal past times in the Club such as Scottish Country Dancing (Wednesdays), Scrabble, Bridge and the monthly Wine Society. Any of these events is a hugely entertaining way to spend a cold, dark evening and new attendees are always very welcome.
At the weekend the Club hosted the wedding reception of members Miss Emily Measor and Mr Jonathan Winterbourne, our congratulations to the happy couple and best wishes for the future.
Forthcoming events in November:
• Happy Hour – every Tuesday and Friday evening from 18:00 until 19:30.
• Winter Series – Please note that the race on Sunday 11th November will start at the later time of 12:30 as this is Remembrance Sunday.
• Gentlemen’s Lunch – Numbers are looking really good for the first lunch of the winter season on Friday 2nd November. If you’d still like to book, please sign up with your menu choices as soon as possible. Dress: Reefers or Sports Jacket & Tie.
• Commodore’s Supper – We are pleased to announce Thomas Francis as our guest speaker for the Commodore's Supper on Saturday 3rd November. Thomas will be talking about his experiences of “Doing business in the Wild East”.
• Family Fireworks Supper – Following the firework display off the common at 19:30 on Monday 5th November, come back to the Club to warm up and enjoy bangers & mash with onion gravy, to be served after the fireworks from 20:00 - 21:00.
• First Wednesday Talk – The first ‘First Wednesday Talk’ will be held on Wednesday 7th November at 11:00 for 11:30 and will be followed by a light lunch. The talk, “The Forgotten Flotilla”, will be given by member David Asker-Browne.
• Scrabble – Exercise your vocabulary skills in November’s Scrabble Night which will be held on Thursday 8th at 18:45 for 19:00. Supper will also be available.
• Laying Up Dinner – This year’s Black Tie event will take place on Saturday 10th November at 19:30 for 20:00. Judging from the list in the foyer this will again prove to be a very popular occasion so, even if you have already added your name to this list, please do complete and return the form included in the October mailing pack. All bookings must be received by Monday 5th November.
• Class 1 & 2 Supper – A chat and supper will be held on Thursday 15th November for all Class 1 and 2 sailors to discuss the season.
• Wine Society – November’s Wine Society gathering and dinner will be on Thursday 22nd November at 18:30. The talk and tasting will be by William Phaure from Entoria Wine Cellars
• XOD Prize Giving & Dinner – Saturday 24th November at 19:30.
To book for any of the above events please phone the office (01983) 760256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you soon.